Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Potty Breakthrough

We haven't started potty traing Emma yet beacuse of the uncertainties in our life right now. Want to wait until we are settled on where we will be living at before attcking this big feat.
But on Monday, Emma got out of the shower and I was finishing up getting ready. She was running around the bathroom in her birthday suit and she said uh oh...I looked and she was squating so I sat her on the toilet. She went poo poo sitting there. YEA Emma!!! I cheered her on and clapped as we flushed the toilet. At least she recognized what was about to happen to be able to say uh oh and she knew she had no diaper on. Maybe this training will be easy.

Not sure how training will go here in China if we do move here. Yesterday at the airport in Liuzhou, China I went to the bathroom. What an expericence. This bathroom was very clean, but when I stepped into the stall, i couldn't believe what I saw. The toilet was sunken into the ground! So you have to stand over it and use it. I wished I had my camera in there with me....maybe when we fly out I will. It's something that needs to be shown...hehe. I still think the bathrooms in the airport in Guatemala were the worst ones I have ever been in.

3 comments:

~M said...

YEAH EMMA!!!!!! Good job big girl!!!

Sounds like i didn't miss anything using the potty's in Guatemala...glad I didn't need to go while at the airport...LOL!!!

Mandy said...

You know I dont think I went to the bathroom at the Guatemala airport, what was it like??

(astra)

Mandy said...

oh I forgot to add, YAY TO EMMA, that is aweome!! We haven't started potty training here yet, but I have sat him on the potty a few times, but we never had any success!!